DR. JOSE PRINCE
Jose M. Prince, MD, is the director of the Laboratory of Pediatric Injury and Inflammation in The Feinstein Institute’s Center for Immunology and Inflammation. As a practicing pediatric surgeon, Dr. Prince focuses on translational research directed to understanding and regulating the injury response of children.
A native of Queens, NY, Dr. Prince was recruited to return from the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center to join the founding faculty of the Zucker School of Medicine in 2010. He completed both his general surgery and pediatric surgery training in Pittsburgh. In addition, Dr. Prince completed a 3 year post-doctoral research fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh with Dr. Timothy Billiar studying the innate immune response to injury. Dr. Prince attended Yale University School of Medicine. While there, Dr. Prince was awarded a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Fellowship which he completed at the National Institutes of Health under the guidance of Dr. John Hanover in the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
Dr. Prince is a member of various international and national societies, including the American College of Surgeons, American Academy of Pediatrics, American Pediatric Surgical Association, Shock Society, Surgical Infection Society, Association for Academic Surgery, International Pediatric Endosurgery Group, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons and the New York Surgical Society.
Dr. Prince serves as a guest reviewer for a number of scientific publications, including Tissue Engineering , American Journal of Physiology-Heart and Circulatory Physiology, Molecular Medicine, American Journal of Physiology-Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology, Journal of Surgical Research, Surgical Infection, Surgical Endoscopy, and Journal of Pediatric Surgery Case Reports.
In addition, Dr. Prince is a mentor for postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, and undergraduate students within his lab. Dr. Prince has authored over 25 articles in peer-reviewed journals. He has published numerous clinical and scientific chapters.
- Surgery – American Board of Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery – American Board of Surgery/Pediatric Surgery
- Associate Professor, Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
- Yale University School of Medicine
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Childrens Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Huntington Hospital
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Long Island Jewish Forest Hills
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Long Island Jewish Valley Stream
- North Shore University Hospital
- Northern Westchester Hospital
- Staten Island University Hospital
- Steven and Alexandra Cohen Childrens Med Ctr of NY